- Categories: News
UN reacts over the death of employees in Libya car bomb attack
Libyans gather at the site of a car bomb attack in Libya’s eastern city of Benghazi on August 10, 2019. “Two members of the UN mission, one of them a foreigner, were killed and at least eight others wounded including a child, by a car bomb” in a shopping area of the Al-Hawari district, an official said.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has condemned a car bomb attack in the Libyan city of Benghazi that killed three UN employees.
Guterres condemned the attack “in the strongest terms,” according to a statement issued by his spokesman.
Three UN colleagues were killed in the bombing and three others are among the injured, the statement said.
Earlier reports from Libya said that two employees of the UN mission had been killed.
The secretary general’s statement also calls on all parties to respect the humanitarian truce during Eid al Adha and return to the negotiating table.
According to reports, there was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast, which happened as a UN convoy was passing through the area.KENNYBANGS SET TO DROP IS FIRST (EP) TITTLED "H.O.L.O" HOLD ON LIVE ON